Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back in the craft groove

Finals are over and I have a few days off till my crazy summer class schedule starts. I finally drug out my embroidery machine and craft supplies and after a few road blocks (took forever to get the futura software loaded on the computer) I managed to embroider names on towels for our girls only birthday beach weekend. More on the trip later I promise!
I hit the jackpot at target last week, their dollar spot purple dot items were half off. Guess what I found in the $2.50 section? BEACH TOWELS! only $1.25 each! they are normal length and actually soft! they held up great in the washer so even at full price they were a steal! Cute colors too! Since we have a pool, towels are always useful around our hose and cute/cheap ones are even better. I promise to upload some pictures soon. I am working on making a beach chair cover using the towels. Better get busy since we leave in 2 days! YAY! I have seen the covers in stores and online but the cheapest I could find them was $30. With my awesome deal on towels, the chair cover will cost me less than $5 and will even have my name embroidered on it. Hopefully I will be able to take pictures and write a simple tutorial to post since I searched all over for one but didn't find any directions. It looks fairly simple (famous last words! haha) so tomorrow we will see just how simple it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment